Thursday, October 2, 2008

1 week to go

Ok at the last doctors appointment there was no change for Stacey we are still at 1 cm and only half way effaced. Stacey was very disappointed after her appointment. Doctor also decided that she would like to see us again next Tuesday. We were not going to see her again before the induction on the 8th unless we were having the baby, but with Stacey's body not progressing like she would like, she decided to see her on Tuesday the 7th. If Stacey isn't any closer to having it then she will be admitted to the hospital on Tuesday night to ensure her body is ready for the induction on Wednesday morning. No need to worry this is not a complication just the doctor wanting to make sure things go like Stacey and I have requested.

On a better note Stacey didn't sleep well last night...I know I know that sounds crazy that her not sleeping is a good thing but it is because her body was really changing over night and she had two contractions. These contractions were only Braxston Hicks contractions but it was a big start. She then had a BH contraction again this morning. The funny thing about the contractions was that she had no idea she was having them. She was standing next to me this morning getting ready and all of a sudden did a deep knee bend...I had to ask what the heck was she doing... I was told she had a cramp that was in her lower back and in her lower abdomen. I had to tell her it was a contraction and not a cramp. At first Stacey didn't believe she as having them but the more she thought about it the more excited she got. It was disappointing that we did not have one the rest of the day but we know it is a start and we know no matter what we are only 1 week away from being parents!!!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! How exciting!!! It's such an amazing time in your lives and I wish you a safe delivery, Stacy! I will say that with both girls, things happened quickly-- I was never dilated at the MDs office. Those babies come when they want to! Good luck to you guys! How exciting

Jill said...

Thinking of you guys today! (10/7/08) Good luck with everything and I can't wait to hear what it is! :-)